The Lake City Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for an Events and Office Coordinator.
Events and Office Coordinator – Lake City Chamber of Commerce
The Events and Office Coordinator (EOC) supports the Executive Director to enhance the Chamber of Commerce team’s effectiveness by providing information gathering and organizational support while representing the organization in the community.
The EOC is responsible for the planning, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of designated Chamber events, programs, and organizational gatherings as determined with the Executive Director. This individual works closely with volunteer committee members to ensure that all events are appropriately delivered on time, within budget, and at the desired level of quality. This individual cultivates positive long-term relationships with all event stakeholders, especially members and sponsors, and works with the Executive Director to consistently improve event execution and revenues.
This individual also supports the day-to-day operations of the Chamber under the supervision of the Executive Director with monitoring by the Board of Directors. The EOC must be a team player, willing to tackle ‘other duties as assigned’ to ensure the overall success and sustainability of the Lake City Chamber of Commerce.
32-40 Hrs p/week (negotiable). Exempt.
- Recruit, develop, and retain membership.
- Maintains updated records on Chamber Master.
- Answer, screen and respond to incoming phone calls.
- Maintain files for all areas of responsibility including paper and electronic files.
- Maintain office equipment and keep work area clean, neat, and orderly. Run errands as necessary.
- Assist in housekeeping duties including vacuuming, cleaning restroom and conference room, garbage removal and sweeping.
- Directs visitors to local businesses and attractions, provides appropriate information, promoting members first. Keeps brochure rack, exterior bulletin boards, website, and social media current with member and event information. Handles tourist correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office, including but not limited to, maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; helping to place orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Manage the Chamber Bucks program, membership invoicing, and deposits for the accountant.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Coordinates executive’s appointment schedule by assisting with planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinate and manage Ambassador Program.
- Identify and organize vendors and services for events as directed.
- Organize volunteer schedules for chamber events and be present at events.
- Assists in executing event marketing plan and social media content calendar.
- Assists in efforts to procure sponsorships for Lake City events.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain the integrity of the brand.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to direct, supervise, and delegate work activity.
- Possess a general knowledge of business practices, operations and needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, committees, members, governmental units, civic groups, and the public.
- Ability to review and critically appraise program proposals and other complex issues.
- A demonstrated commitment to and vision for the mission of the organization.
- Minimum of High School Diploma with direct related experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related highly desired.
- 3+ years of experience non-profit fundraising, event planning, financials/budgets, office management, and project management.
- 1+ years of experience management or supervisory of staff